When the moon is in the 2nd house,
And Jupiter is aligned with Mars
Then peace will guide the planets
And love will steer the stars
This is the dawning of the Age of Aquarius.
The Age of Aquarius…..
Can you hear that song from the 60’s echoing in the background?Can you feel the sudden and drastic shift in how our collective is functioning and where we are heading?
Take a deeper look with me for a second. Since the beginning of this year, we have been tested, triggered, and put on trial in some way or another. Everything we have always believed to be true is suddenly crashing down.
Well, I am going to break it down in Astrological terms. Astrology is the language of the stars, and it uses a combination of metaphysics, astronomy, and ancestral wisdom to depict certain patterns in our behavior & how the Earth behaves in correspondence to the cosmos.
Our ancestors used to watch what was going on in the cosmo’s just like we watch sports and the news. For centuries, we have been mapping out a plethora of astrological events and connecting them to massive generational events that have shaped and shifted the direction of human kind. The irony here is that many scholars, religious leaders & mystics have been predicting the events that are taking place in this very year for centuries.
The cosmic events that have been taking place this year are so intense and distinct, that we haven’t seen this level of activity in close to 2000 years. The same energy we are experiencing now is the same energy that ended the Roman Empire. Take that in.
Now, take a deep breath in, and let go of any fear you may be experiencing at the thought of what we are living through.
The truth of the matter is that the Astrological event taking place on December 21st 2020 is going to mark the beginning of an entirely new age of existence, one that we have been preparing for over the last 50 years.
This year, a rare conjunction between the planets Jupiter & Saturn will take place on this date. They will both find alignment in the sign of Aquarius, This is called the Grand Conjunction.
Typically, this particular alignment with both Jupiter & Saturn aligning conjunct happens every 20 years, and it often marks a new beginning to an era. This is where this alignments becomes very interesting; this grand conjunction has been falling under Earth signs for the last 200 years, keeping things relatively focused on systematic & patriarchal approaches. However, these two planets are aligning in Aquarius, which is marking the beginning of something more significant; we are being catapulted into a global shift away from the Piscean age for good, and head first into an entirely new beginning.
We are beginning to shift away from patriarchy, hierarchy, control and inequality. We are beginning to shift into progression, technology, humanitarianism, and enlightenment.
So…how do we prepare for this?
I have put together of the main things to consider over the course of the next year as we fully step into this new Astrological age. These tools and thoughts will not only support your transformation, but also hold space for the great changes that are taking place.
1. Transformation is not a painless or easy process. This is going to take time, patience, and a lot of compassion. Think about all of the inequality and dogma that we have seen in our society. Now…begin to reflect upon what is happening. Collectively we are being held accountable for our actions and coming clean about the truths that have been hidden, or unaccounted for, for years. This is also relevant on an individual level – take a moment to think about EVERYTHING that has changed this year. Of course transformation & change into something better isn’t easy, how could it be? It means becoming comfortable with getting uncomfortable. It means that we need to do deep shadow work. It means that we need to come clean with our truth and begin to act towards it. But this does not mean that it won’t take a lot of sacrifice and challenges. It is important to understand the difference between living in a fear based state, or in a state of harmony and love.
2. Begin to implement some kind of practice in your life. Whether this is physical movement, mindfulness meditation, perhaps you enjoy biking or running in nature, do what you need that supports your well being. Now more than ever it’s important to take care of yourself on an individual level. How else can you show up and support the other important factors in your life – partners, family members, your work/career, children, hobbies and passions…. This is the time to do the deep inner work. If this means that you begin to explore yoga practices, do it. If this means that you want to hire a coach to help you through a specific hump in your life, invest in yourself. If it means that you need to ask for help and seek counselling, you are worthy of it. Now is the time.
3. Understand that we are shifting away from traditional dogmatic practices, and closer to modern approaches to how we function. Yes, the digital world is rising and technology is becoming more of a factor. This means that the tools that we know and love will be changing, too.
4. Discover your roots & do the ancestral work. Now that truth and enlightenment are on the forefront, it is now the time to allow our true colors to shine. We have been desensitized over the course of hundreds of years of trauma, war, discrimination and inequality within our nations and now more than ever we need to reclaim our cultural roots. Have conversations with your family members. Ask questions. Read books written by BIPOC folks. Dig up old recipes.
5. Find a support system. Aquarian energy is all about community and accepting all for their unique, authentic qualities. It is also about equality and progress. Who can you count on within your circles for support?
6. Take the time to discover what is truly aligned with you, and what isn’t. Aquarian energy is authentic and real, and with this shift we are being called to unfold into our highest selves. What does this mean? Discovering your destiny and allowing yourself to act on your gifts and strengths, rather than suppress them to fit in. Aquarian energy is also the shift into the MODERN age of medicine, mindfulness and Magick coming back to the surface to support us.
7. This is going to take a long time to transition into, change does not happen overnight. 2020 was all about crumbling the existing foundation that we have been walking on for centuries, and the coming years are all about building up something newer and stronger.
Ultimately, you are not alone. Everything that has come up this year has been for a higher reason. If anything, we are more supported and interconnected than ever before. This is the beauty of technology. These are the gifts that all of this information coming to the rise has given us; awareness. Understanding. Knowing that we have the freedom to choose what reality we wish to create.
The best is always yet to come.
Amanda Rose Campanaro (She/Her) The Mindful Magick Method Reiki Master Teacher, Intuitive Guide & Educator https://mindfulmagickmethod.as.me/